[VAL] Adding a cargo hatch

    All,

    A while ago I posed the question to the group of the advisability of
adding a cargo hatch on the aft curbside end cap seam of our '69 Caravel.

    I got many well thought opinions and finally went to the Airstream
engineering staff for their opinion.  The result of the survey was that
there seemed to be no problem going ahead with the project, that the frame
and all the added rivets more than made up for the vertical stringer that
had to be removed for the installation.

    This last weekend I dove in and cut the hatch into the inner and outer
skin.  I installed a 1970 Airstream hatch recently bought on eBay that I had
measured well to make sure it would fit.  I have many production shots of
the installation so if anyone is interested in seeing them, please let me
know back channel and I'll send three selected 1 meg image files to you.

    Later,

    Glyn