Re: [VAL] Tow vehicle questions

Joann,
I "test towed" my loaded 71 Trade Wind 2 years ago with a Mercedes
ML320 with factory tow package. This trailer was substantially heavier
than a bubble.
The ML 320 handled the trailer very well, but I never went up a long
mountain with it, like crossing Grapevine etc. It had a very nice,
stable ride, and stopped on a dime.
It actually handled much better than I had anticipated. The ML is a
very strong SUV, built on a frame, not uni-body.
The engine's performance was adequate, but not thrilling while towing.
The owner of a car hauls a cargo trailer with dirt bikes in it, and has
towed 1000's of miles without any incidents or break downs. I sometimes
ride with him to lunch etc. and the little truck is quite comfy.
While it towed my Trade Wind just fine,the ML turned out to be too
small for use in my business, though, so I ended up buying a Chevrolet
Suburban 1500 instead.
Uwe