RE: [VAL] Oven insulation

Sorry for the delayed reply but I was on the beach in my 65 Globetrotter
all week (somebody had to do it). When I bought my GT I found where some
mice had built a nest in the insulation in the Magic Chef oven. Not
wanting to bake in a rodent's nest I removed all of the insulation and
took a piece to an appliance repair shop. There I was given a rather dense
section of remnant high-temp insulation designed for that purpose ($0.00!).
You might give your local shop a look.
Wyn