Re: [VAL] Steam or Gas?

Gee Russ,
Have you thought of hooking your trailer up to a steam trackter?  Seriously
folks,
other than the Packard I'm about to get,  with gas prices up the way they are
I'm still trying to come up with a fuel efficient tow vehicle.  You machanics
out there,  how about a six cylinder half ton full size pickup?  I saw that
J.C. Whitney offers a intake manifold for putting on a 4 barrel carberator on a
six cylinder engine.  How much extra power would there be?  I would suppose
that you would want to put on a free flow exaust system.  I heard that you
don't always use all 4 barells on a carb, only whenyou floor it so what kind of
MPG do you think you might get?

 By the way,  I hate to keep asking technicle questions,  it doesn't make me
feel very lady like but both my grandparents were German engineers and I guess
I can't help it!
Vanessa