Re: [VAL] White Roof

This is a real brain tease.  Shiny aluminum is supposed to reflect the sun
and heat like a mirror,  but since I removed the oxidation and polished and
shined my '58  Overlander,  it gets unbarebly hot up here in the Pacific Northwest
when its just 70o outside.  I have an old Caravan picture from the late
fifties and half of the trailers had white roofs.  My first A/S  a 1956 Overlander
that had been on the 1959  African Caravan,  had a white roof that was fading
and peeling.  I got it because it was cheap but my was it ugly.  I took it
down to Mexico and had it stripped and polished for $200.  Back in the late
forties,  The airlines started painting the roofs of their previously polished bare
aluminum planes, because they found that they became ovens when sitting on
the ground.
Vanessa