Re: [VAL] Radio Antenna

Dave,
We have used readily available radio antennas from the auto parts store and
they work fine. You need to find one with the swivel ball at the bottom that
allows you to rotate it 90 degrees to suit your requirement. They usually
have a spring near the base to allow for some flex as well. I think they
cost around $10. We have also had to fabricate a slightly thicker plastic
base plate in order to offset it out from the skin a bit more to allow the
coax more room to bend at 90 degrees within the wall thickness.
Colin Hyde
GSM Vehicles Inc.