Re: [VAL] towing with your hair standing up.....

Some of you may remember some rantings from the past about people feeling
they have to have the biggest and badest tow rigs.   If gas prices get up to five
dollars a gallon they may suddely wonder if they need that 4 door
Frieghtliner after all!
My first trailer wighed 4,000 lbs dry and I towed it with a 1962 Ford F-100
with a smaller 6 cylinder.  I did have to creep up the long grades at about 25
mph but it did not overheat and I just turned on the emergency flashers and
sat back and relaxed.
My  25'  1952 A/S Cruiser  weighs only 2,400 Dry weight so I'll use it for
long distance trips,  I'm thinking of towing it with a '52 or '53  nash
Ambassador for good milage.  Or maybe a Jeep Comanche P/U  with the 180 hp straight
six.

I haven't found a 1951 to 1952 Packard Patritian yet to tow the Spartan Royal
Mansion with yet.

Exuse my Rambling!
Vanessa