Re: [VAL] Is there a Vintage Airstream Registry?

Wally,
    Documenting the entire 60% of surviving Airstreams is a noble, but
probably impossible task, as many (such as the '56 I looked at) are not
owned by VAC members or are not owned by "computer literate" folks.  I would
think, at least, that it'd be great to be able to document as many as
possible to determine serial number breakpoints were design changes
occurred.  I used to own Corvette's and the Corvette folks probably set the
bar for documenting production changes thru the years (and there were and
still are a lot of changes during each model year).  The Corvette folks can
often get very close to identifying the production date and the specific VIN
number that a design change occured at.  I even got credit in one of the
restoration manuals for helping identify some details of an early build '69
Corvette I had that were actually parts normnally attributed only to '68
Corvettes.  But alas, my Corvette owning days are over.  I have now happily
replaced them with my Airstream owning days.

Joe