[VAL] Is there a Vintage Airstream Registry?

Is someone is recording Serial Numbers (or VIN numbers) and trailer details?
If so, I can report some details of a '56 Overlander that I looked at today.

It has serial number O-7266.  It has the rarer (I think) tandem axles.  The
interior was in reasonable condition (but I have nothing to compare to, as
this is the first '56 I've been in).  The wood was mosty on good shape, just
a little staining & puckering near the floor in a couple of areas.  Most
unfortunate was that the walls (but not the wood) had been painted white.
The counters, sink, and original fold up table weere all in good condition.
The original Marvel fridge still works on 120VAC.  I was assured that the
Panel Ray Heater and Stove also worked, but I declined to have that demoed
to me.  The only appliance untested was the electric water heater as the
current owner of about 30 years only tried it once a long time ago.  Oh and
the toilet has been removed and I didn't really check for soft spots in the
floor too closely.  I did love the wood storage bins under the goucho and
twin beds (not plastic like the later models).  The trailer certainly seemed
to have a lot of storage compartments.  I was told all of the windows work,
but we only opened a couple of them.

Now, before you all email me for the contact details, I'll inform you that
the main reason I passed was rust issues on the frame.  There was
significant rust thru on one frame rail up by the coupler and it appeared
that there were telltale signs of rear separation and/or rear frame sag.
The rearmost cross member (in front of the bumper), that is contained inside
the belly pan looked to be gone as far as I could tell thru some cracks in
the belly pan.

This was a two owner trailer and minus the frame issues, I might have
pursued it further.  It certainly seems like a solid candidate for
restoration, as long as someone doesn't mind doing some frame work (a frame
off would probably be best).  If anyone wants more info let me know.  I have
a few more details about the trailer I can pass along, but didn't feel like
typing here.

Joe
'85 25' Soveriegn
(& looking for another vintage unit)