Re: [VAL] Trailer Numbers?

Greetings Steve!

Welcome to the world of Vintage Airstreaming!
Those number are most likely one of the coach's early
owner's WBCCI (Wally Byam Caravan Club) membership numbers.
During the early years and possibly into the 1960s, the
numbers were painted on the coach (friend's who originally
owned my '64 had a '57 prior to the '64 and its numbers had
been painted on by my uncle who was a professional sign
painter).  The adhesive-backed vinyl numbers came into use
sometime in the '60s if my understanding is correct (the
numbers on my '64 were black vinyl when I purchased it in
'95) -- the current numbers are red adhesive-backed vinyl.

Good luck with your Overlander!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado
Convertible (8.2 Liter V8, 2.70 Final Drive)