[VAL] Anniversary

The recipients of the digest tomorrow will note that their issue will be Vol.
3, #1 if I have changed everything in the configeration correctly.  Tomorrow
marks the start of the third year of issue of the Vintage Airstream e-mail
list.  Of course, it was issued prior to that time by the Vintage Airstream
Club as the VAC e-mail list.

Subscribers may be interested to know that currently, we have 183 members
subscribed to the regular individual posting list, and 434 members subscribed
to the digest.  I never did take a count at the start, so have no idea how
this compares to the number at the start.

The whole thing started when R.J. Dial sent out the following message on May
27th, 2003.  The delay between May and September was due to the program
changes needed on my website to handle the list.

In an attempt to lighten up my website workload, we are looking for
someone to take on maintaining this VACList discussion group.
Requirements are any of the List applications out there and the access
to a web server and mail server.  I understand that there are sites out
there that will host a list and let you do the remote admin, but I know
nothing else about it.

What would be provided to you is a link from the VAC home page to your
intro and admin pages, and the existing list of subscribers in a CSV
table.

Should no one out there have the abilities to carry forward, the board
has decided to drop this format in mid June and move to an
AirstreamForums type format with a VAC focus at:
http://www.oldtrailer.net/

Downside is that there is no daily email - you must actively visit the
site to read the posts - a real bummer for those on the road - or those
who check their email each day, but don't kill time by websurfing.

After hosting the list for over three years, it's some else's turn to
have fun now...

Contact me offlist if interested:
RJ Dial
VAC Webmaster