[VAL] Spartan

Hi Vanessa,
I live in a '53 Spartanette and also have a '50 Royal Mansion. They are
spectacular trailers. I love my Airstream for travelling, but the Spartans
are WONDERFUL to live in. If you buy it, you'll love it. I don't know if
you've seen it, but visit www.spartantrailer.com for more info. You may try
heating the roof tar with a torch (keep a water hose handy because it can
catch on fire if you're not careful) and scraping it off with something that
won't scratch the aluminum. Also, you might try mineral spirits to soften
it. Also, paint remover will probably also melt it. Depending on how thick
it is, it could be a whole lot of work. I don't know why anybody would put
crap like that on a Spartan roof. I've never heard of one leaking at the
seams. Ever. The only place I've seen roof leaks is at the vents, when the
gaskets harden and crack.
Good luck,
Brian