[VAL] Vista window "Glass" cleaner

I am finally tackling restoring my '73 Sovereign. I am dissembling the
double pane windows and removing the gunk that has flaked or slid down the
insides. On the Vista windows, I'm fortunate enough to pop the clip ring out
and remove the inner plastic window. They are covered with gunky glazing. I
have tried various "orange" cleaners but must still resort to fingers and
elbow grease. I'd love to scrape the stuff off but don't want to scratch the
surfaces. Has anyone found a could cleaner that doesn't dissolve the
plastic?

Randy Unter