[VAL] '86 32' dinette & full rear bed

Hey Patti,

Excellent floor plan. We had one of those, restored it, put a bunch of
solar panels on the roof and towed it throughout the southern states,
deep into old Mexico as well as to the Slabs in California and down the
entire Baja Highway and back. I mention this because it was the most
stable Airstream we've towed.

Eventually, we sold it to a couple on Cape Cod who wanted it
desperately. We weren't in the market to sell it, but they really,
really wanted it and knew we have everything fully functional.

A water leak is always a concern so I'd encourage you to rigorously
check that before cold weather sets in, especially under the bed, the
vanity and along the rear wall.

Been there, done that. It wasn't until we stayed a week in Yuma (WX dry
as a bone) that I finally bit the bullet, used my lobster pick, cleaned
all the seams and recaulked everything (carefully and neatly). That
settled that hash - deed done - no more leak.

A second suggestion is to find the water tank drain valve (if there is
one). Ours did not have one, so I installed one along the side of the
tank between the wheels on the curb side. That made winterizing
profoundly easier. I know you'll be winterizing shortly.

As for someone to tow it to Colorado Springs, have you considered one
of the Past Presidents for the Vintage Airstream Club? Rick Davis does
commercial towing of travel trailers for a living. Perhaps he could
combine one of his delivery trips and bring your Airstream to you on
the return run. Email him at K8DOC@twlakes.net

I'm sure you'll enjoy the floor plan as will your adult kids,

Terry