Re: [VAL] paneling for 73 land yacht

Hi Tom,

I have a '73 too.

> Question 1:  I need to replace the piece of paneling
> on the left side of the Dometic refrigerator in my 73
> land yacht.  I searched local lumber yards for a
> reasonably good match to the original dark brown
> (immitation mahogany?) Airstream paneling, but no
> luck.  Any ideas of where I can get this type of
> board?

Wilsonart does have, or did have the last time I looked, a
plastic laminate that was pretty close. You probably will
have to go to a "real" supply place, not just HD, and you
will have to special order a whole sheet.

I made a table out of Luan and matched the color and used a
matt finish, it looks pretty good.

Somebody may have the guts of a '73 laying around too.

> Question 1:  THe roll up doors on a few of the
> cabinets have fallen apart.  Any idea where I could
> get replacements?

That stuff is called tambour, and I got mine from

http://www.winonamanufacturing.com/

You will have to order a whole 4x8 sheet, but it gets
shipped rolled up and comes fast.

Daisy