[VAL] Flooring choices

> Think of sand grinding into the Pergo. If the sand doesn't come from
> the
> beach or desert, its going to be in the gravel of the campground
> parking
> pad or drives.

We have put in two wood-laminate-type floors (like Pergo, but different
brands), and have not experienced this problem.  I was initially
concerned about it as well, but experience (and many visits to the
beach) have proven that the Pergo-type floors are harder to scratch
than you'd think.

If you really work at, you can scratch the surface.  But the only way
I've gotten a scratch was to load a brown bin with 40 lbs of stuff,
then stupidly shove it across a dirty floor with my foot.  In doing so,
I managed to drag a small sharp piece of gravel across the floor and
put in a tiny scratch.

Linoleum has come back to the market and since it was created for
> battleships its tough stuff. And the real retro linoleum is most
> pricey.

We also installed Marmoleum brand linoleum in our 68 Caravel.  It looks
fabulous but as Gerald notes, it is very expensive.  Still, I think it
was worth it for a total restoration with everything out of the
trailer.  Now we have a one-piece seamless floor and it looks much
nicer than vinyl IMHO.