[VAL] Re: Subfloor suggestions

Sorry to include all these, but I did snip out everything else.....

Tim - Nice job. Thanks for the PICs.  Using the frame under the seams
does solve the seam problem in that direction.  I was going to replace
about that much floor, but decided to just replace what actually needed
to be, which is about 12" across the rear and try and epoxy restore some
small places around the edge that are more difficult to reach.

Chris - exactly the method I am going to use.
Jim - Stainless Steel if I can find them here and I don't go near the
aluminum with them.  Also, good idea about the wheel wells.  Mine do
need attention in the near future.  Sounds like an easier or better way
to go than trying to replace a whole wheel well and deal with age
discrepancies or slight out of kilter frame, etc.
Glyn - it is the pan, not the waste tank itself I am replacing.  My
waste tank is in fine shape.  Work is already started on the pan. I look
for it to be done this week.  But its good to know we have an outlet for
any future tank needs.  Who knows what lurks (or leaks) in the water tank!
Royce - I am looking at the System 3 website.  Their advantage is they
list a dealer in our Metro area.  Don't know if price will be much
different.  I am going to use the best product I can determine and try
and avoid whole systems versus all I really need is a rot encapsulator
and overcoating to protect the wood I can get to for now and treat the
rest as I open up or repair other areas.  So far the West Systems
appears to be a single product (resin and hardener) for that.  But no,
its not cheap and ordering it in is a further delay.  The Eastwood rust
encapsulator will take a week to get here (3-8 days!). And that must be
applied before any wood goes down.  But I will check out the System 3
locally.  Might be a good alternative.

Now, if that welder will ever show up......

Russ Wojtkiewicz
Kansas City, MO
1970 27' International