Re: [VAL] Re: VAL Digest V2 #343 subfloor hardener

    Joann, Russ and all,

    After sending my last post to Russ it occurred to me to share with him
and the rest of you how I replaced the aft 18" of the entire 3/4" flooring
from curbside to streetside.

    Given that the plywood slips into a horizontal U-channel all the way
around, I couldn't fit a single piece.  The end result was four pieces
evenly sized that I installed one at a time.  upon installing the curved
streetside one, I screwed and glued a 4" wide, 3/4" plywood piece along the
exposed edges (both forward and to the curbside), 2" of which protruded so
as to accept the next piece.  The second section was laid down onto the 2"
strips, glued, screwed and solid as a rock.  That was followed by the third
and forth pieces and secured in the same manner.

    It occurred to me that in Russ' case he could fit several sections in
that manner and could cut them such as to avoid interfering with the tank
top.

    Confused?  Contact me back channel and I can send progress shots of what
I did.

    Good luck,

    Glyn