[VAL] H2o tank shuts off

 I've only had my A/S out camping once but I wanted to ask this very
knowledgeable group about a minor problem I had.    I light my hot water tank
when I get up  in the morning so I have hot water to do dishes and take my
shower.    The tank would shut off in just a few minutes but if I left the
outside door open so it could get more oxygen then it would run and heat
water.      Since I'm getting ready to live in my little house for 10 days,
yippee, just wondered if there is a fix for this that does not require a major
repair.    I know nothing about hotwater tanks and am a little afraid of them
anyway.    I have not had the furnace going yet either, hope that dang thing
works.   The man I bought the A/S from owned it for eleven years and he had
taken very good care of it.    The Wichita, Ks   club is having a luncheon
today so I will ask him about a few things I have questions about.        He
has been so nice to help me.
Thanks,   Barb in Ks.