[VAL] Cat heatersI am not sure about the newer models but the Olymip Cat(catalitic) heaters wer vented through

I am not sure about the newer models but the Olympic Cat(catalytic) heaters
were vented through the side of the trailer. Before that they were not.  A
catalytic heater will put a lot of moisture in your rig .  Plan on all windows
dripping after a night of use.  Be sure to leave some vent or window open
about 1/8 inch when operating.

In my '61 Bambi the furnace was removed before I got it.  In cold weather I
use a portable one that was made to use those small propane heaters.  One
container did not run for a night.  A propane dealer helped me pipe it in
permanently and connect it to a long 'hose' to the connection meant for the
furnace.  Because of limited space there was no safe place it permanently.  By
using it on the hose I can move it to either end of the trailer where it will
not have materials too close.

When used on the trailer propane it required a direct line from before the
regulator because it had it's own regulator built in.  There is a turn off on
the supply line where the hose is connected.

About two years ago I had the heater altered (removed the internal regulator)
and now the propane goes through the regulator mounted on the larger propane
bottles.  It works great if it is really cold but when I go to. S.Cal or AZ in
the winter I don't even take it.  For that kind of cold I light a burner on
the cooktop and place a new clay flower pot upside down over it.  It takes a
very small flame to make quite a bit of heat. Never go to sleep with it on.

Sorry this got so long but I wantrd to be very clear.

Kathy