Re: [VAL] New Airstream Traveler

    Erica and all,

    I too had a single leak around a window frame that would drip, drip,
drip and the fix was something I borrowed from my marine experience.  It's a
great product called Capt. Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure
http://www.epoxyproducts.com/capt.html.

    It comes in a small squeeze bottle with a small applicator tip under the
cap.  The idea is to apply ever so little of this thin milky liquid to the
area.  It's so thin that it seeks out and works its way into the smallest of
cracks and only then does it cure in place, creating the greatest water
barrier you ever saw.  So for smallish leaks or pesky drips, you might want
to consider this product first before using other heavier sealants.

    In the case of using it on our Caravel, I was sitting inside during a
particularly hard rain and saw a bead of water running down the screen.  I
went outside immediately and applied it over the window and within a matter
of seconds the drip stopped.  I gave it another application just for good
measure and it hasn't seemed to have come back.  The stuff dries clear and
the excess can be easily wiped off with a rag at the time of application.

    I'm sure there are sources elsewhere but I found it at West Marine.  By
the way, one small bottle will probably last the average person a lifetime
and could easily become a part of their will for their children to use their
entire life times as well.  Said differently, a little goes a looooong way.

    Glyn Judson
    1969 Caravel #508
    Santa Monica CA