Re: [VAL] Re: Air Conditioners, Again

Hi Tony:

I removed my old Frigi-King ('73) AC and installed an original vent on my
trailer without having to go on the roof.  I have one of those articulated
ladders with 4 sections.  The fourth section would lay over on the roof.
Most of my weight was supported by the other 3 sections to the ground.  The
rest of my weight (belly etc) was supported by the section laying on the
roof.  So by using the ladder on either side I could access everything
needed to and the ladder section spread my weight on the roof.

Since I was by myself, I did remove the old AC in pieces until I could
handle the housing etc.  Took off the heavy stuff first.  Obviously I
couldn't have replaced the AC that way.  I had made a deal with a guy with a
bucket loader to come over to the storage place and lift off the AC in one
piece.  He didn't show and the rest is history (and so is the AC)

This ladder is also a nice size to carry in the back of my truck.  About 40"
folded up.

Worked for me.

GQ '67 Safari in CA