Re: [VAL] Re: Air Conditioners, Again

Tony, I have done extensive work on my roof A/C, (1966 Sovereign), and
have felt perfectly comfortable WRT both my and the Airstream's safety
as long as one centers one's body mass over the frame members, the
locations of which are readily apparent.  Considering that I have about
40 pounds on you, I think you won't have a problem.  I did lay a heavy
piece of carpet (rubber backed, rubber side down) on the roof beneath me
so as to protect the skin and also reduce the chance of slipping off the
trailer.  Good luck!

PS. Please---Use great caution stepping from the ladder onto the roof,
so that the ladder does not tip away from you while you are relying on
it for support!  A person on the ground holding the ladder from moving
would be highly recommended!

John