Re: [VAL] door hinge noise

Alan*,

Though I haven't done it to my Airstream, there have been times I've heated a
hinge while working and oiling until the noise went away.  And there have been
times when oiling didn't help for a week or two, then it slowly got better as
the oil finally got where it belonged.  In a last ditch effort, a small hole
can be drilled to provide an oil passage (or a zerk fitting if there's room).
Be sure to remember to use a lubricating oil, once the penetrating oil has
done it's job, or you'll end up doing it again and again as it dries out.

Hope that helps,

Mark Alan Spencer
Modesto, CA
1962 Tradewind

*Not a lot of four-letter Alans out there.