Re: [VAL] vexing plumbing leak

Chris,

Is yours a side bath? If so I just happen to have my shower pan out
right now and on my '78 31ft there is a gap in the tank under the trap
that goes all the way to the belly pan. I'd say it's about 8" by 12". I
don't know if that's enough room to get up in there and make repairs,
but there is access from the bottom on mine.

One other note though, If it only leaks when it's in use, it might be
the seal where the pan connects to the pipe, that is a common leak
point on residential tubs also. If you can tell if it's leaking right
at the bottom of the pan, I would try unscrewing the drain up top,
wrapping the threads with lots of teflon tape and running a bead of
silicone around the flat part that presses against the pan and see if
that fixes it.