Re: [VAL] On Road Computer/E-Maill

Hi Chris,

When you are talking use of a satellite for the Internet are you referring
to moving or stationary usage?  I'm sure you are not talking about a
satellite phone which could be used while moving but buying one is
prohibitive and renting at hundred$ of dollar$ per month plus usage would be
a killer financially.

For my own needs I am seriously considering DirecWay, I think that's the
name.  I've looked into Motosat and others like Blair Prestin can sell you
but there again the cost is in thousands of dollars plus the monthly fees.

With DirecWay there are a couple of plans.  One plan you can pay like
$5-600.00 initially and $59.99 per month OR you can pay like $99.99
initially and then it's $99.00 per month for a year or two.  In the end in
arrangements like this you end up paying for the time you've used their
money if you opt for the less expensive initial layout of cash.

I can't tell you how tired I am of my cable-tv company and their high rates
that I can't even take with me on the road when I'd like to.  My cable-tv
company also gets my business for now for the Internet but I'd much prefer
having my entire TV and Internet connections portable.

I can point you to places where you can read about what sellers of DirecWay
will tell you that you can't do - like installing the system yourself
because of FCC regulations, etc.  That's not true - you can but you must
follow regulations like having your antenna 60" off the ground, etc.  Today
you can buy antenna stands that are made exactly for this installation from
places like Radio Shack for one.

Tom
WBCCI 5303