Re: [VAL] Re: Cutting round holes in AL

I used a step drill to drill the holes for all my new wiring on the 63
Overlander. It works absolutely wonderful. The step drills are
available in quite w few sizes, in teh electrical department at Home
Depot, or in specialty tool catalogs and stores. Not cheap at about $
50.00 for a decent one, but definitely a good investment.
Simply draw the step above the one you decide to use,and drill to that
level only, otherwise your hole will get too big.
Then use grommets to finish the holes. I found that a bit too big on
the hole size is better than too tight, especially for unwieldy 120V
wiring.
This link is a wonderful source for wiring products, including
grommets.  their quality is much above the hardware store variety.
www.waytekwire.com

Get their catalog as well, it's easier to deal with than the website.

Best wishes!

Uwe