[VAL] Interested in VAC

Hello,

My wife and I retired about 2 years ago, purchased a used SOB Class A to see
how we'd like traveling with the intent of eventually getting an Airstream
trailer. I'm now ready to jump in, but would like to talk/meet with folks
who have "Vintage" units to understand the bigger picture of what's
involved. Ideally, we'd like to find an older unit in good condition, rather
than attempt to completely restore one, but are open to others' experiences
on the process. I can do woodworking, electrical, and plumbing - given a set
of plans or an idea of what would be required, but have not done any major
metal work. Over the years of reading the various forums, I've gotten the
feeling there are preferred years to choose when looking for a unit. From
experiences buying older used cars, I'm a bit gun shy, but recognize the
financial benefits.

We're located in SE Wisconsin and would be glad to travel a bit to meet with
folks who would be willing to share their experiences. This past spring, we
toured the Airstream factory and met some nice folks. Also stopped at the WB
headquarters where we met some more folks.

Any help that could be provided to help us move forward with our dream would
be greatly appreciated. (And hoping this is the correct method of reaching
the membership!)

Thanks!

Larry W. Peterson