Re: [VAL] those numbers on the side....

Ann,

"2 Caravels and a Bambi" ?!  But, I only have one Caravel and a Bambi.  It's
so hard to keep up these days.  :)

If the numbers you are referring to are the large red ones on either end
cap, they are the Wally Byam Caravan Club International (WBCCI) numbers.
They're how members of the club can identify each other.  At a rally, they
can become sort of an address.  They have nothing to do with the vintage of
the trailer or the serial number.

"I wondered how they compared in  age with my 1965 Caravel."   Well, if the
Caravels were immediately recognizable to you as being like yours, then they
could only be from 1965 to 1968.  If either one had the jalousie window in
the door, it's almost certainly a '65.  If the Bambi has a rain shield over
the door that protrudes 5"-6", it's a '61 or '62.  If the rain shield
(gutter) is narrow all the way over the curve of the door, it's a '63.  The
easiest way to find out is to stop and ask.  That way, you can find the
answer to the most important question, "Are they for sale?"

Thanks,
Wally
www.vintageairstreamer.com