Re: [VAL] vintage tires and rims

Patti,

Just my opinion, but unless your rims are the Split rims, or you don't like
their looks there is no reason to replace them. They are not normally
something that goes bad on a trailer. Perhaps if they are "mags" corrosion
might be a consern, but your description of how your trailer has been cared
for would tend to rule that out. When you have the tires replaced the
technician will be able to tell you if corrosion is a problem.

Your tires however I fully agree. Replace them if they are any older than 5
to 7 years.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander