Re: [VAL] awning

I have a "noname" awning  with the wide (2-3") arms that attach near the
rub rail but no midway attachment.
The bottom brackets are attached with 4 long stainless hex head screws.
The fabric is 2 inches shorter on each end than the awning tube. I had a
local boat uphostelery  and canvas shop order the Sunbrella fabric and
sew up the new awning. My tube did not have a awning rail built into the
tube like most new awnings so I had to have a pocket sewn into the outer
edge of the awning for the tube to slip into. I then used short
stainless screws and washers to keep the fabric from slipping on the tube.
I used the ZipDee instructions on their web site for winding the spring.
See below :

from ZipDee web page"
1.  Wind spring clockwise, using main arm bar as a lever, as shown below
in Fig 1.
WARNING:  Spring is under tension.  Do not disconnect bar from head
casting.  Always
keep control of bar during winding.  Releasing the bar or disconnecting
head may result
in personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

2.  Wind the spring one turn for every one foot of awning length.  eg.
20 ft. awning equals 20
turns of spring. (opening awning adds additional 7 turns, so open awning
will actually have 27 turns)