Re: [VAL] International Comments

That's a shame that you've decided to 'op-out' of WBCCI.  In my opinion,
you're thowing the baby out with the bathwater.  If not for WBCCI we
wouldn't have met all the wonderful folks we rally with on a monthly
basis.  They have become close friends, ones we hope to keep for the
rest of our lives.

Do we hang-out with stoogey hard-liners... no!
Do we love the over-the-top ceremonialism... no!
Do we appreciate the militaristic cast system... no!
Do we benefit from being members of the club... absolutely!

We met MANY new faces and significantly increased the amount of members
that we are now proud to call our friends since attending this year's
International Rally as 1st Timers.  The effort involved to choreograph a
rally of that magnitude is nothing short of daunting and it has given us
a new perspective on the organization.

By your 'opting-out' of the WBCCI, I'm sad that we may never get the
chance to meet you face to face, the melting pot of WBCCI will be a
little less rich now.  I'm not so sure you'll have the same sense of
'Fun, Fellowship and Adventure' at a KOA.

Rob Davis
'64 GlobeTrotter, #1824, VAC
Denver, CO