[VAL] Re: Removing Silicone

Hi All:

My name is Tim (#1047) and I live in Seattle, WA.  We have two 1968
Airstreams....a Caravel and an Overlander, both of which I have restored.
I have read the info on the "clear caulk" removal and do know that
Carburetor Cleaner (from an Auto Parts Store) will remove it.  However,
it will also remove the clear coat!!!  This didn't bother me since I was
stripping the clear coat to polish, but if you are not stripping the clear
coat, don't use it.  It will leave a nice shiny area where you spray it.
Be sure to mask off the area.

Good luck!

Tim