[VAL] Washing

I've been following all the talk about air conditioning water stains
and have a related question.  This has to do with the exterior of my
'72 Trade Wind.  It has been exposed to the elements off and on without
a lot of care over the past 10 or so years.  It was not used by the
previous owner more than three or four times.  It has streaks down the
sides plus some good old grime on it.  It has dull areas around the
rivets and around trim parts such as nameplates etc.  A bit of green
moss was visible in some tight areas before I brought it inside a
heated barn this past winter.  Rubbing a finger over some areas several
times will remove at least some of the stains.

I've seen cleaning solutions at my local RV store (not an AS dealer)
that is supposed to remove "road dirt" and am wondering if I should use
this stiff or is there a better, as in safer, way to go?  The RV store
clerk assures me this stuff is great, but then he's trying to sell me
something.

In another area, I notice that Airstream blue has been used to stripe
the sides of my Trade Wind.  The same blue seems to have been applied
to the lettering too.  The stripe seems to have been a tape material
originally.  I assume owners are now painting this blue stripe to renew
it.  The few specks of blue remaining on my unit are faded I'm sure.
Any suggestions on a brand of paint and color to use to bring this back
again?

I've received a lot of great help from this list and appreciate it.
Thanks so much for putting up with an old man who has little idea of
what he's doing.

See you down by the barn . . . .

Dick Harrold
Noblesville, IN USA