Re: [VAL] installing rooftop air-conditioner for first time

Tim,

The Airstream dealer in Kernersville (?) NC has a couple of these drain pans
in stock for the "smallest one they make, the 13,500 btu Penguin) for $59.95
plus tax but without shipping cost of about $40.00 that Camping World wanted
to rob me of.

Camping World told me that they have to cover business expenses, etc. which
is built into "all their prices."

How can Airstream dealers charge us $59.95 plus tax including shipping when
Camping World has to "special order one just for you" at a total cost of
well over $100.00 plus tax?

Guess our Airstreams really aren't so "special" if I can order the IDENTICAL
PART through an Airstream dealer who must make a reasonable profit without
being a company store as Camping World surely is.

No wonder we non-Airstreamers are called S-O-B's. ;)

Tom
WBCCI 5303