Re: [VAL] installing rooftop air-conditioner for first time

Tom,

I replaced my A/C a few years ago.  I documented my work here:
http://www.ldservice.com/tim/airstream/air_conditioner_trouble.htm

The drain pan does not come with the penquin, expecially when  you get
it from Camping World.  You can order it from any AS dealer though for
around $60.

When I installed mine, I put vulkem on the roof to seal the drain pan
to the roof.  However, the A/C has its own rubber gasket that seals
between it and the drain pan.  So there should not be any vulkem there.
You should be able to unbolt the old A/C and lift it out leaving the
drain pan in place.

--
-Tim
www.ldservice.com/tim/tim