Re: [VAL] Re: 66 Caravel TV Antenna

Hi Tony:

I have the same sort of thing.  Turns out there were two types, "innies and
outies".  The black circular box on the inside with the crank to rotate the
antenna to N-E-S-W either has a hex shaft going OUT to the gear box or a hex
shaft from the gear box IN to the crank mechanism.  I've had both at one
time or another.  The gear box my trailer came with was apparently the one
with a plastic gear box.  That was long gone.  It was outie.  After a LOT of
looking around, I finally got a complete antenna assembly that had an
aluminum gear box and it was an "innie".  The rotator mechanism on the
inside looks identical.

The plastic one was a Braund Deluxe TV Antenna #TR-SA.  Don't know what the
other is that I have now.  I'll send you a drawing of the TR-SA off line as
well as a photo of the aluminum on that I have now.

Later,  have fun...

GQ '67 Safari in NorCal.