[VAL] what's a "whale tail"? / tear drop around wheel? / 1958 trailer - how rare?

Thank you to Fred for such interesting detail re: 13 vs 7 vs 5 panel end
caps

1. what's a "whale tail"? Is it true that the whale tail came out of
California factory only?

2. tear drop shape around wheel -- are those out of the California factory
only? Or did both factories make trailers like that?

If only from one factory, then why did the two factories make different
styles? (Just another wonderful Airstream thing, right!?)

I recently saw a 1958 (about 22' long) for sale -- how rare are those?
(unrestored, and seems in pretty good shape, and appears to be from the
California factory)

Clearly, I am a novice re: Airstream, tho' I have loved them forever!

Thank you for the info
Marg in Pac NW