[VAL] Shower hose replacement.

    All,

    Well the plumbing, water heater and all the rest of the appliances in my
little '69 Caravel all work perfectly, especially the plumbing with the new
PEX and Sharkbite fittings.  Yeah!

     It all worked so well that I decided to try a test shower this morning.
I fired up the water heater and 30 minutes later began what I thought was
going to be a great shower.  It all went well until........you guessed it,
until I soaped up and began to rinse off.  That's when the shower head
ceased emitting water and instead it began to emerge at the hose fitting
attached to the sink faucet.  I removed the flex hose and upon inspection,
see that the black rubber inner hose has developed a 1" slit near the faucet
end.

    Timing, timing, timing, I saw one offered on eBay recently but just
checked and it's long gone.

    Is this a system still in use and if so, where can I get an exact
replacement hose?  The ivory handle reads Alsons Somerset, MI, Made in
Germany.

    I just went to their web site and might have a shot at a replacement
through them.  I'll call them tomorrow morning to see what they can sell me.
That said, I didn't see any replacement hoses listed nor any of the new ones
attached to modern heads as short as 40".

    Wish me luck,

    Glyn