Re: [VAL] 1971 exterior (entry) door handle

    Four or 5 years ago my lock on a 76 Airstream broke. I had hell
getting into the trailer and then it took a while to get the lock parts
out. I could see the broken part and it needed to be brazed because it
is made of pot metal.

    When I got home I took the broken part to a full service muffler and
brake shop run by a Boy Scout in my Troop. I showed it to him and he
took it out to the shop with me and said "fix this". The welder looked
at it from all angles and then put the pieces in a vise whre it was held
the way it should be and he brazed it.

    That door lock still works perfect.

Karl