Re: [VAL] Zip Dee Awning Spring Replacement

Go Dave !

Here's a question :

The seams of my Zip Dee, probably the original '73, are
letting go.

I did some repairs by hand.

I read about unclamping the metal from the fabric, and
running it through the sewing machine. I am aiming to do
that someday.

I think I will need the awning in MO, and want to know if
the attachment to the spring depends on a good seam, or if
the seam I can see at the upper edge is to hold down a "hem
and that the metal fingers have a good grip on the material

I have a nasty vision of the top seam letting go and some
sort of 3 Stooges nightmare with springs and arms flying.

Please advise.

Daisy ( can you tell it is too cold to work outside ...)