[VAL] Breakaway Switch wiring

I am trying to decipher the trailer wiring in my '78 Argosy. Several of
the wires were mis-wired, so I am trying to get them all correct.

How is the Breakaway switch normally wired? I assume it has a 12V
"input" that connects with the positive brake wire when the switch is
pulled?

(Brake line from truck)---------------------+--------------------------
(Trailer Brakes)

+12V------ (Breakaway switch)

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Also, any good sources for breakaway switches?

Dave & Ann Lowrey - WBCCI: 5074
1977 31' Sovereign International - Mid Bath
1978 6.7 Meter Argosy Minuet - Front Gaucho