[VAL] Fantastic Fan replacement

I bought a FV rbt 6000 a couple years back, like many it quit working after
two years of light use.  The FV factory folk graciously offered me new lift
motor equipment.  Generous.  Failed to solve the problem.  Now I am faced with
a rapidly approaching summer camping season & a broken fan.
Has anyone "dealt down" and installed a 4000 or 5000 series after a rbt6000
blowout?
Does anyone believe the 2005 rbt 6000 has solved the problem & deserves the
2nd chance (& easy install??)
Is there a third option?
I am mechanically challenged but hope to build on the structure developed in
the previous installation, ie no aluminum shell corner cuts, using much of the
same or equivalent hardware
Jeff Miller
69 Overbudget Int'l
KCMO