[VAL] Sewing an awning?

The Zip-Dee  awning on our 77 Overlander is splitting in a few places
right on seams. The rest of the awning is in good shape, no holes, etc.
  Is there a possibility of removing the awning from the roller and
having it sewn since it is on seams?  We have an industrial sewing
machine for upholstery work, but would probably get someone else to do
it who has done it before.  Unless someone knows for sure it can be
done. If not, we will just have to order a new one.  We only need the
cloth awning, not the roller apparatus, etc.

Cheyanne