Re: [VAL] Dump valve removal

    Herb and all,

    Well the dump valve is out of the Caravel leaving the flange and the
tank vent fitting still attached to the tank.  Wouldn't you know that the
clearance between the plywood the tank sits on and the underside of the
fiberglass riser the tank sits beneath, there isn't enough clearance for me
to lift the tank and flange sufficiently to get past the hole in the plywood
in order to slide the tank out.

    I contacted Thetford today and they faxed me a bunch of drawings and
part numbers so at least I think I know what to order if anything ever
breaks.  In addition, they show three different flanges for fitting the dump
valve.  One is a thread on adapter, P/N 01959 Model T, one is a glass on
adapter, P/N 01662 Model G (Herb's I think) and the other is a bond on, P/N
01659 Model B.

    From all I can tell mine is the bond on model and it needs to come off
in order to get the clearance I need to slide the tank out sideways and out
the back access door.

    Can anyone offer any thoughts as to how I might go about removing that
two-part PVC flange that appears to be glued together from either side of
the hole in the polyethylene holding tank? M concern is that if I take a
hacksaw blade to the hole, I run the risk of inadvertently sawing right into
the tank.  There is no chance for error in doing it this way and by hand, on
my back, reaching up into the 3" hole with a saw blade is just asking for a
disaster especially considering that several cuts would be necessary to get
the flange free.

    I seem to be the only one asking for serious hand-holding almost every
step of the way on every project I tackle but it's mainly because I'm not
familiar with all these RV parts, what works and what doesn't when it comes
to R&R.

    Thanks for any thoughts,

    Glyn