Re: [VAL] Dump valve removal

On my 63 Globetrotter, the black tank was fiberglass and had a flange
molded into the fiberglass that the slide valve attached to. see:

 http://www.nwflorida.net/apr7.jpg
The screws/bolts( I forget which) were also rusted. I was able to get the tank and valve out as one piece and then able to used pb Blaster and a torch to get the fasterners out. I was able to easily remove the tank/valve since all the wood above and below was gone. I guess thats one advantage of having a rotten floor. The two sink/tub drain lines that meet in the coupler below the valve had been cut and then a rubber raditor hose had been used to slip over the joint . Two raditor clamps on each hose then were clamped down to seal the radiator hose to the pipes. You can see ( if you look closely) the two pipes with the rubber sleeves in this pic http://www.nwflorida.net/apr5.jpg