Re: [VAL] Tires

I just looked at the owners manual for my 1965 Tradewind Double It lists the
weight as 3810 LBS( I assime empty)Hitch weight 430LBS tires as &00x15, 6-ply
nylonn with tubes recommend tire pressure 45psi. For the last 4 years I have
used Cooper load range C and have towed aprox 20 k miles no provlems until I
came back from Sarasota rally and when I got back to Tampa I found I had a flat
somewhere an the way back it seemed to ride ok in the rain on 3 inflated
tires. I cannot understand why it is necessary to have D or E tires with extream
aor pressure when this unit loaded does not weigh any more than one of the large
autos.
I am planning on replacing the Axles before I take any long trips and can
find no reason why the new tires could not very well be Sears Road handler They
gave fantastic service on my Suberan which weighed abot the same ae the trailer.
The manual also listed the tires on the Caravel as 7:50x14 and the proper
inflation as40 PSI
Jim Smith