[VAL] New Argosy

Well - I took the plunge and paid too much for a 1978 3.6 meter Argosy
Minuet. It has the front Gaucho and the fridge on the road side. It has
an Aluminum floor and plastic windows on the sides - MUCH lighter than
my 31' Sovereign... :-)

I have a few Argosy-Specific questions:

There are some rust spots on the end caps. I want to sand them down and
paint them with something. I am not ready to re-paint the whole thing.
What should I use to paint the sanded spots that wont look TOO out of
sync with the existing paint.

Where do I get shock absorbers to replace the existing ones on the
suspension. What brand/parnt numbers?

Any care/use info on the aluminum floor? The trailer curently has a
piece of commercial carpet laid down on the floor. It doesnt look as if
anything was ever glued to it. It is possible to glue down tile to it?

Any care/use info on the plastic windows?

The original Dometic refridgerator (I think it was a RM66) is no longer
there. I know Dometic has several replacement models. Are there any
others out there I should look at?

Do people put WBCCI numbers on their Argosys?

I am familiar with Airstreams, but not Argosys, so any comments or

Thanks!

Dave