[VAL] Re: skirts

Hi Sharon-

Thanks for the link to your pictures. What a nice looking trailer!

I see you have a Ford pick-up. I also tow with a Ford, although I think
mine's a bit newer than yours (2000). I fabricated a set of over-size
mud flaps for mine last winter. I was not game for paying the $100 +
for store bought ones. My factory class 5 hitch that came on my Ford
has open 2X2 steel tubes which can receive mud flaps in just the right
spot to be effective. Looks like yours does too. I fabricated mine out
of doubled up 5/4 treated decking. The steel tubes are angled forward
14 degrees, so to get the mud flaps to be square to the tires, they
must be angled back the same amount.
I'd be happy to E mail pictures (or post them on the VA site) if
there's interest.
Total cost was ~$20; $10 for the wood and hardware and $10 for the
flaps (purchased at a Flying J). They've been on from Texas to
California and back to Wisconsin, over many gravel roads, and have
worked well.

Best,

Chris Koehn
1979 @31' International Sovereign Land yacht
2000 F250 PSD 135K and going strong
Back in Wisconsin for a couple of months.