[VAL] Daisy - sanitation - hoses etc.

Daisy - Glyn's information regarding the use of simple bacterial products -
like those found at West Marine - is the way to go.

Maybe it's my allergies - but the idea of a holding tank inside a boat hull
(or under an aluminum trailer) full of overly perfumed sewage - in hot
weather....is beyond my stomachs ability.  I've stepped inside way too many
boats that reeked of deodorizer...when the human product it was masking  might
be a little less potent in the first place...

When I rebuilt the head and installed a holding tank system in my 1935
Sportfisherman - I was very careful to research the proper materials that
were used in the tank AND the hoses - as well as the simple product I placed
in the tank to help break down the waste.

Make sure any vent hoses that are attached to your system are designed to
prevent the transfer of odor THROUGH the sidewalls.  There IS a difference in
hose design.  I really recommend that you pay a visit to a marine store or
marine sanitation sales facility - you'll learn a lot about what materials to
use and what to stay away from.  It's all about holding the "material"
properly - and keeping odors as low as possible.

I used an extremely simple product to add to my tank - a simple beige looking
dry coarse powder...it took a tiny amount - and there was never a smell inside
my boat from the sewage or the product used to treat it. True - I had the
benefit of the movement of the hull in the water.

You may have to work out a way to get rid of your sediment build up first.

Being in Florida - you are in a great zone to research trailer maintenance
via the boat maintenance market...!  I always have found a marine parts store
much more interesting for products and ideas than the typical RV supply store.
If for no other reason than the environment a boat HAS to survive in...is
typically much harsher than a trailer unless you live in a flood prone area...

RL